Saturday, December 3, 2011

I guess I've been more active since my weight loss!

It's been a while - true - but I'm down to 143 pounds, size 10 in jeans and size medium in shirts. I can hardly believe it! Also, for the first time EVER, I'm wearing my younger sister's hand-me-downs - the sister who use to be a model and was always skinny and gorgeous). She still is, but now it seems I've caught up to her! Woo hoo!

For anyone contemplating gastric bypass surgery, I would encourage you to seriously consider it and weigh the cons over being obese (diabetes, heart-related illnesses, high blood pressure, bad cholesterol, etc.) against the pros of being active, healthy and fit - possibly for the first time in your life. It does take a serious commitment, which isn't one of my strong suits, but I did it and I've surprised even myself.

I think for my next post, I'll post a picture of me taken the day of the surgery and one take a few months ago and let you be the judge.

Happy holidays to all!











No comments: